Custom Home Builder Nashville America's Home Place - The Beginning

 I have decided that after nearly a year in my home built by America's Home Place, that I would start to share the plethora of photos of my experience.  

In the beginning, I had the highest hopes.  After a year in a new home with a leaking roof roof and failed A/C air handler along with MUTIPLE other problems, I simply can not recommend America's Home Place without a very STERN word of caution...or two.  Aside from the vast amount of builder issues, incompetence and lack of build supervision, the attitude and lack of concern for the client from the general managers is appalling.  

In Nashville, my general manger Bob who left, and Lars who came both were straight to your face liars in the name to save a buck.   Lars, topped the caked with his unnecessary commentary of calling me "pathetic" because he did not like my online reviews showing a video of a fluid leak into my daughter's bedroom (after it had already been fixed over five/six times) and my distain for him lying to me about mold in my rafters.  Not only did he deny the truth, he tried to shame me by name calling and using abusive language.  That was on top of calling our stuff that was stored in our crawlspace "trash".  His awareness of how well my husband and I listen to conversation among him and the workers was slim to none.  Needless to say, the general managers we've encountered from the Nashville America's Home Place Ranch are not people we would ever recommend anyone do business with.   As a client, we deserved a higher level of professionalism when dishing out hundreds of thousands of dollars. 

It was easier to forgive the general managers who were often young men with very apparent experience.  You can almost forgive their lies as well because of who they were learning from.  I don't anticipate this branch lasting much longer with the way they treat their people, their subcontractors and their clients. 

I have decided I will begin with my earliest photos of when the house was started and move on with all the photos from there.  This is mainly for me to document EVERYTHING to help me remember, provide a source of data for any future litigation and to offer guidance and a real scenario to anyone considering America's Home Place Nashville. ...or America's Home Place in general. It also serves as a means for me to reflect, forgive and move one from this nightmare build. 


So here it goes...





This is a photo of the back of the house showing the window grids that I selected. I selected everything else up to this point and this was a final decision we had to make before they ordered the windows. 

We signed out papers for the build in September.  Our build supplies did not arrive until the end of January.  So if you are hoping they go fast, stop it.   America's Home Place, in our experience, is a bad builder with no pressure to start, so I can't imagine how terrible they would be under pressure.  The number of mistakes they made without pressure is incomprehensible.  Don't believe me?  Read on...

Comments